Tuesday, December 9, 2014

#AddysCouch Meredith O'Reilly: Addy's Couch


 
 
 


Adaline Raine

I'm super excited to have you over today! So reviews? **cracks up**


Meredith and I tried to stay on the couch but there was so much going on... I kept picking up the room and trailing off about other adventures. We're ready to start now!

Meredith O'Reilly **laughs**

That review we talked about? The one where the reviewer was pretty much bashing all AP books. Two things -


Adaline Raine

**interrupting** It honestly can be harder to write when you get easily distracted...


Meredith O'Reilly

**ignoring Addy's oooh shiny tendencies** One I completely agree that some people will buy books that they secretly like, but then write reviews saying that they hate them. I was kind of like that when I first found age play, but I never wrote a bad review. I kept telling myself I hated it, but then a couple days later, I'd purchase another age play book.

It took a long time for me to accept the fact that it's okay to like something that is far off the norm. I still have days where I struggle with it.

One reviewer, gave my first book a one star, saying "No. Just no." She wrote this after reviewing several other age play books writing the same thing. Then she reviewed my second book, giving it four stars and saying that she liked it.

Adaline Raine

I agree and I think we talked about too. Yes, that's the other side of the coin where someone will randomly go on a buying spree say get everything "breeder" or "school based" and leave two words.


So then in that case she didn't or couldn't accept what she liked.







Meredith O'Reilly

I don't think that she could accept what she liked. That makes me feel really sad for her. It's very tough when you struggle accepting things that you like. Trust me, you can't make yourself unlike something.

Adaline Raine

It's like medical play has turned into a mega thing and some are saying it's all about money and it's not real and such but that's my "thing". It has been since WAY before I even knew what thing was.


I used to sing songs about medical play when I was too young to know... but looking back on it that's what made me tick.


I daydreamed in school about hot EMT's taking my vitals in the most accurate way possible for years.


And so I totally get it.... everyone has his or her own thing.

Meredith O'Reilly

Yes. I think that people can have several different things that they like. Or they can even have things that they grow out of or into


Adaline Raine

But I can also understand if I wasn't an author and I wasn't finally open about what I am into that I would be like so mortified that I couldn't enjoy the scenes. Yes! I believe that too.


Meredith O'Reilly

For instance, I use to hate reading about enemas being given. Now, I can see that the act itself, letting someone do that to you, giving your trust to them is hot.


Adaline Raine

Those have been a hot spot for years but I never would be able to review a book that contained them unless I accepted me. I guess it goes back to accepting ourselves and all our kinks or curiosities. And I don't mean kink like kinky but I guess that's an accepting thing too.




Plus as humans we are literally always changing our tastes.. it's the same thing


Meredith O'Reilly

I agree 100%. It's all up to an individual. It can take time to accept it. It took me almost a year to accept age play.


The funny thing is I finally accepted it, once I figured out why I liked it so much. Thankfully, James (Stormy Night Publications) wrote it in my first blurb for my first book.


Adaline Raine

What made you write an age play novel?


Meredith O'Reilly

I read it and literally I could feel the light bulb go off over my head.

Adaline Raine

That is amazing!

Meredith O'Reilly

It was. I could have hugged the man for finally answering that question for me and I hate hugs!


Adaline Raine

Like seriously... I'm really happy you found something that makes you happy to read that you enjoy writing.

Meredith O'Reilly

Now to answer your question, I wrote an age play novel because I had read so many non-con age play books.


Adaline Raine

I see.


Meredith O'Reilly

I personally hate non con books. These AP books, were all about drugging the little and forcing them in to AP. I wanted to write an AP book that was consensual for both the little and big.

After I read Korey's (Korey Mae Johnson) book, I decided to publish with SNP because they were the first publishing company that I saw continually published consensual age play books and no non-con age play books.

Adaline Raine

I'm not much into force in general so I can't imagine an AP non-con. Though I'm sorta okay with non-con spanking as long as the heroine is made aware that a spanking could happen...Aha!

See that was your AHA moment.


Meredith O'Reilly

That was one of them, haha.

Adaline Raine

AHA!!!! Sorry, I just felt like saying Aha again.

Meredith O'Reilly

My AHA moment with my blurb was that AP is a way to really relax.

I know it sounds so simple and like I should have figured out that’s what draws me to AP, but I didn't until I read it right in front of me. I believe at the time, I literally did say, “AHA!”


Adaline Raine

That is something a lot of people search for in the BDSM community ALOT.


Meredith O'Reilly

But, reading Korey's book was a big AHA moment for me too. I read it and fell in love with it.


It was the first consensual book I read with AP. I was like, that's what I want!



Adaline Raine

I've been part of the lifestyle for a while WAY before it was okay to be in it and though I only recently have been out to play in the community I literally have read hundreds of posts about men and women looking for their special Mommy or Daddy and I firmly believe its about feeling safe and taken care of and just letting the grown up world with all it's crazy stresses go. Am I sort of right?

I guess we're talking about AP now, but that's okay, it's such a good topic!

Meredith O'Reilly

For me yes that’s what draws me to AP. It's different for everyone. I like the idea that I could do whatever I want. I wouldn’t have to worry about school work, life, family, nothing. It's also the idea that someone would be there to help me, make the decisions for me. Care enough about me to do that.

Adaline Raine

Yes and that's also part of why people get into D/s type of relationships as well.

Meredith O'Reilly

Funny thing, in real life, I'm always the one in charge. I plan everything, I take care of everyone else.

There are just some times where I would like someone to say, sit down, be quiet, and just relax, I'll take care of everything.

Adaline Raine

I'm the same way in real life

Meredith O'Reilly

Yes. However, in theory it sounds fun. I'm not sure how it would actually go. I'm horrible at giving up control.

Adaline Raine

Yes, and that could be why some people get little when they get home. It's like they work all day but they need that unwind time. I haven't read an AP book that does a lot of switching like more temporary you know?







Meredith O'Reilly

Yes. In my books, there is a fair amount of going from big to little. That's because under no circumstances, would I allow my big character to have sex with the other character when they're in their little head space.

Also, I wanted to show in my books that littles can act perfectly grown up in their adult lives. It's not like just because they liked being babied means they can't be grown up at times like everyone else.


Adaline Raine

Yeah I've read a book or two where there was a lot of babying going on but it was overkill.


Meredith O'Reilly

Maybe using babying was the wrong word. I meant more when the person acts little.

That also brings up the point that not every little regresses to the same age.


Adaline Raine

I meant not letting the little do anything at all for herself.

Meredith O'Reilly

Okay yes.

Adaline Raine

True. I read Dr. Cora's Clinic and there was one case where the little was tween/teen and it was interesting. I'm also tired of all the littles being actually little - 5 foot nothing and 100 lbs.

I know real life littles who are not so it shouldn't matter.

Not that I need a six foot baby I'm just saying.

Make her an average woman that's all... though I have a bad tendency to have my heroines carried around a lot. It's something I want and haven't ever had.





Meredith O'Reilly

Haha. Yes. Actually funny you mention that. I'm the same way don't worry!

Adaline Raine

The male is always picking her up over his shoulder or carrying her away from harm. laughs

Meredith O'Reilly

For my stories, I try writing things that others haven't. I’ll have to add writing a larger little to my list of story ideas.

Adaline Raine

I like that and can't wait to see what you are working on. I'd love to write a book with you someday!

Meredith O'Reilly

If you ever want to co author a book, just say the word and I'd do it.


Writing AP is a piece of cake. Writing a good spanking scene...no!



Adaline Raine

Spankings are easy.

Meredith O'Reilly

Not for me. I hate writing spanking scenes.

Adaline Raine

You pen the AP and I'll steer the spankings! grins I'm still really green in all of this though.


Meredith O'Reilly

Writing erotica? I'm the newbie here. Then again, before I started writing, I read every type of erotica/fetish out there just to keep track of it.





Adaline Raine

I found that the more I read the better my ideas are. True story.

Meredith O'Reilly

I always viewed my reading habits as doing research.

Adaline Raine

It's like the easiest way ever to find the next one because your brain is always coming up with things... at least I think so!

Meredith O'Reilly

I'm learning from other authors about habits. I'm the exact same way! It feels like my brain never shuts up with new story ideas even when I don’t have time to write them down!

Adaline Raine

It really is true though. The more I read Renee (Rose) the more courage I got to post what I had been writing. I used to take out my spanking scenes and medical scenes until I found out that there was a whole community of people into it.

Meredith O'Reilly

I have no problem posting what I write or having people reading it. The only part that has me blushing is knowing that my editors are reading my stories and going to comment on what I wrote and then have to discuss it with me.

Adaline Raine

Okay. I think we can wrap up the actual interview now.

Meredith O'Reilly

Okay but if you need more, I can talk all night! laughs

Adaline Raine

If I keep going I'll never stop! It was a lot of fun talking to you. I'm glad you came over.


Meredith O'Reilly

I just wanted to say thank you for having me over on your couch today to visit. This was so much fun! We’re going to have to do it again. I feel like I could talk to you all day and we’d still have more things to talk about! smiles



Adaline Raine:

Me too! You're welcome anytime!

If you want to come sit on Addy's Couch or know someone who does, please email me at: brattyadaline@gmail.com


Love,
Addy







 
 
 

Share:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me over today Addy! This was a lot of fun!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Ask a question, rant, rave,I'll answer back. :P

All material copyrite Adaline Raine. Powered by Blogger.