Tuesday, December 2, 2014

#AddysCouch Sue Lyndon: Addy's Couch


 
Addy: Hi Sue! Thank you so much for coming over to visit.


Sue: Hi Adaline! Thanks for having me.

Addy: You seem to be one of the few authors who can literally take any sub genre and work your magic into an incredible story. I've read about alternate time lines, contemporary, menage', dark tales nd now medical and sci-fi. How do you do it?



Sue: You know, I've never really thought about this before, but it's not difficult for me to switch from one genre to another. I write the ideas that pop into my head, and sometimes they happen to be contemporary and other times they happen to be fantasy ménage or sci-fi.


I'll read pretty much any genre so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I do struggle with historical though because the research slows me down a bit, so you probably won't see me writing much historical...although I'm writing my first medieval right now and really enjoying it, so who knows!



Addy: Research can slow anyone down. I understand since historical works need to be accurate. Where do your ideas come from?


Sue: Sometimes they come to me when I'm daydreaming, and other times a song, a movie, or book triggers a new idea. I keep a notebook with me at all times so I can write whatever pops into my head down.


Addy: That's so funny. I daydreaming a lot and get ideas that way too. Sometimes they actually show up randomly in actual dreams. Those are my really interesting ones.


What is your favorite type of story to write about, if you have one?



Sue: I really enjoy fantasy, sci fi, and dystopian stories. I find it easier to work spanking into these genres because I don't have to worry about the social constructs that I would of a more contemporary story (i.e. a man disciplining his wife being taboo), and I also think world building is super fun.


Addy: That's true there are a lot of ways to work around taboos and other things because there is no social norms. You have to create them!

Was it scary to go to a convention with tons of other authors? I've wondered if there is a gathering for Spanking Romance authors or authors who include BDSM and some of the other themes we include but have yet to find one.

Sue: I've been to a few conventions now but I was really nervous about the first one, particularly because there weren't many authors going that I already knew. But I went and I made friends, so I wasn't so nervous about going to the next ones. There are always lots of classes and things to do at conventions so I think it's pretty easy to make connections and new friends, even if you're shy and/or introverted like me. A spanking romance convention would be awesome!

Addy: -giggles- I think it would be! So,is there anything you want to ask me?

Sue: -smiles- Um...sure! What are your top three favorite movies?

Addy: What Dreams May Come, Interview with the Vampire – for so many reasons, and The Princess Bride. Not necessarily in that order! I'm so happy you came over and hung out. The best of luck with your newest release, part of the five book set, What the Doctor Ordered, and includes other stories by Natasha Knight, Casey McKay, Trent Evans, and Tara Finnegan!


Sue: It was fun!


Addy: Come back any time.

 
Her Old-Fashioned Doctor, by Sue Lyndon
After she catches her fiancé cheating on her, Melissa packs a suitcase and sets out on a road trip to give herself some time to recover. But things take an unexpected turn when she rear-ends Dr. John Holden’s truck in a tiny rural town and he responds by inviting her for an impromptu dinner date. The handsome medic’s charm and take-charge manner—not to mention his willingness to spank her bare bottom if he feels it necessary—all combine to set Melissa’s heart beating faster than it has in a long time. But is her rapidly growing crush on John merely a rebound fling, or can his hold on her heart last forever?

The Doctor and the Naughty Girl, by Trent Evans
Dr. Dane McKendrick is tired of his twenty-four-year-old receptionist, Amity Derrington, failing to take her job seriously. Amity is beautiful and smart, but the rich, spoiled girl clearly needs a firm hand, and when she shows up late for work and hung over yet again, Dane lets her know that from now on her behavior will have consequences. It isn’t long before Amity puts Dane’s warning to the test, and she soon ends up over his knee for a long, hard, bare-bottom spanking. Worse still, when Dane learns the extent to which she has neglected her annual check-ups, Amity quickly finds herself receiving the most intimate, embarrassing exam of her life.

The Right Treatment, by Tara Finnegan
Things have changed quite a bit in the years since Aoife Devine last saw Matt McDaid, her childhood crush. Working as a doctor on the emergency ward has hardened him, and parties, alcohol, and one-night-stands have taken their toll on her. But when a bad batch of ecstasy sends Aoife to the hospital, she finds herself with no choice but to accept Matt’s help, even if that means obeying his rules. Matt proves fully prepared to back up his orders with a sound spanking, and Aoife soon learns that cooperating with his treatments is not optional, no matter how humiliating they may be for her.

Amy’s Strict Doctor, by Natasha Knight
When Amy’s husband, Dr. Cade Hollister, convinces her to take the last class she needs to finish her college degree, she has no idea what is in store for her. Amy has never challenged herself in the past, and when she fakes an illness to avoid the hard work required to pass the course, Cade decides it is time to teach her a much-needed lesson. Before she knows it, her strict husband is taking her temperature the old-fashioned way, and that is just the start. Cade soon demonstrates that he is more than ready to give his wife the discipline she needs, even if it leaves her cheeks blushing as red as her well-spanked bottom.

 
The Doctor’s Wife, by Casey McKay
Christina knew when she married Dr. Dan Connolly that it would be the best decision of her life, but as the years have passed and work and everyday concerns have piled up, their passion has begun to cool. But when Christina becomes so busy and stressed that she stops eating properly, Dan realizes he must step in to ensure that his wife starts taking care of herself again. Dan makes it clear that things need to change, and Christina soon learns that defying the man who is both her doctor and her head of household will earn her a trip over his knee for a bare-bottom spanking.
Publisher’s Note: What the Doctor Ordered is a collection of five erotic romance novels that includes spankings, sexual scenes, extensive medical play, anal play, elements of BDSM, and more. If such material offends you, please don’t buy this book.
 
 
If you or someone you know would like to come hang out on Addy's Couch email me at: brattyadaline@gmail.com
 
Love,
Addy
Share:

5 comments:

  1. One of the benefits of writing spanking romance is that it does allow you to cross genres. And you're trying them all, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for having me today, Addy! This was a fun interview. And I love the graphic you made:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of fun too! I'm so happy you like the graphic. ;)

      Delete

I adore comments! Ask a question, rant, rave,I'll answer back. :P

All material copyrite Adaline Raine. Powered by Blogger.